Thursday, July 05, 2007

90 Year young lady gets a tandem flight for her birthday present !

Elaine Thomas was 90 years old yesterday. Channel 12 news team was on hand to record the event. The link below is to their page, and there's also a video that you can watch. I had to be out of town yesterday, so I called and had a buddy( and towpilot extrodinar') Bruce, to take some shots for me so I could post them here. You wont see these pics anywhere else. I am also going to send a copy of All of the pictures to her, to add to the ones that she got while taking her flight.
Click the link for the Rest of the story.
http://wdef.com/news/woman_goes_hang_gliding_for_90th_birthday/07/2007

Trevor going over everything with her. Final touch, the all important helmet.

Eric, her tandem pilot, is hooking her harness to the hang glider. Making sure all the lines are straight & all the knots are tight. With the expression on her face,,, Eric may be instructing her on the procedure.


Is she whispering in Erics ear???? Or, is she grabbing him a little snuggly?? haha. Our tandem pilots are the best when it comes to keeping their passenger feel at ease. Mikey was the best, in my opinion, at that when he was still here. Miss him around the place !

Here you see the channel 12 news crew getting her take off for their news clip this evening.

Off she goes into the nice gentle air..... what a gift !
Let's keep the speed up for our landing ! Windsock in the background is interesting.
It will probably take a long time to get this smile off of her face. I know after a flight myself, I have the same kind of smile, and it takes a while for me also to loose it! I sincerely hope that we see her here next year on her next birthday, if not sooner!
Had to put this one of her tug pilot for the day,,,,Trevor ! What a nice quiet, shy, innocent guy he is,,,,,,mmm,,,,, NOT ! Ha Ha! Good job today,,,as always ! !
Thanks again to Bruce for taking these shots for me, since I had to be out of town. Great job buddy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home