Monday, June 18, 2007

These next paragraphs are from Ollie in the hospital bed. I'm sure alot of his friends are worried about him, and would like to know how he's doing. It's always better to hear it from the proverbial, Horse's mouth, instead of 3td/4th/5th parties versions. Here is the lastest news, straight from him.

"Hi yall. I busted my knee up pretty bad. I sure appreciate all the effort from my rescue crew. you guys were awsome. just to let ya know how tough it was. my left kneecap was torn off on the lower side n my leg was locked at bout ninty degrees. big ugly gapping wound u could see the inside of my joint since the kneecap was setting bout five inches higher than usual. carl said it was narly gettig up to me from the dirt road. rocks n briars n logs n super steep.carl n eric got me situated on my harness. lunch is served. more later."

Next Email:
"Rest of the story. I was gonna brag on my rescue team. It was a brilliant rescue. I was banged up pretty bad and my knee was locked at 90 degrees. Carl suggested we us my moyes matrix harness as a skid/ stretcher and slide me down the mountain. I had a tie down strap in the harness and we had the biner.

At first it was just Carl and Eric. Before too long, Terry and James joined in the efforts to get me down. I was all the way on the ground so it didn't take too long to get situated. Man they worked their asses off skidding me down the mountain. I really appreciate it. I can't imagine how it could have gone any better with a full rescue crew.

Thanks guys! I'm gonna be in a straight leg brace for two months, then some rehab if it goes well, so doubt I'll be back on the hills for a few months. Thanks for all the words encouragement."

Next:
"Had a nice visit from Bill and Susie Sparks. Got to walk around some with the walker and things are getting easier. Got my laptop too. I feel pretty good ths afternoon. I'll see you all soon.
I love this sport and my flying buddies.
Ollie"

2 Comments:

At 8:05 PM, Blogger Capt Judy said...

Hi Ray

Judy here. Do you have Ollie's email address?? So Sorry to hear about his mishap, Whitwell strikes again!!

Hope all is well with you.

Judy

 
At 10:48 PM, Blogger Ray's blogger said...

Sent it to your regular email address. Didn't want everyone to be emailing him while he's so incapasidated, haha!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home