Saturday, June 30, 2007

Some of the crowd this evening at our annual July 4Th party. Menu for the night: hamburgers, hot dogs and all the trimmings, some fantabulous desserts, and 2 kegs of beer. Some folks would say that beer is it's own food group, some would say it makes for a great dessert, and then some of us would say~~ hope they enjoyed it, ha ha. Some times it is better watching them, than watching TV, but that's just me, he he. I know,,,I'm sick. However, I am getting better One Day at a Time !
We also had the "Just Reeves Band" playing for us tonight. What a very special time that we had. It had rained enough here this week, that we were able to have a bon-fire (like we really needed it), and have the ambiance of it during the festivities.

With it getting dark at 9:05 in the evenings now days, students get to enjoy a lot of evening glass off tows. Those get them one step closer to the big prize--- a solo mountain flight.
I think this is one of my better shots. I got really lucky catching this one ! Especially, since my battery in the camera died 2 shots later. A couple of very special friends live VERY close to where this looks like it hit. If you click the pic, you will be able to see their porch light on the ridge. I hope Terry & Linda have lights, TV, etc.... when they get home.
This is kind of a different shot. It was very fast, and very dark. One of the tandem pilots was coming in from the last flight of the day, and came just close enough to the bon-fire for me to catch enough light for this shot. You can see part of the fire, and part of the glider. I thought it was kind of cool.
A couple of really classy Ladies at the party this evening, and my friend and neighbor Rick, Sr.
I hope that Mary Jo, Sandy, and Linda like their shot. However, I have as of yet to meet a woman that likes her picture. There's always a first-----it could happen, ha ha!
I hope everyone has a safe, funn, and memorable July 4Th. Please remember our service people that are still in harms way so that we may enjoy nights like this. And, always remember
Land of the Free~~ Because of the Brave !

4 Comments:

At 6:05 PM, Blogger Larry said...

Ray, pleasure meeting you last night at the LZ party. I'm enjoying your Blog, now that I know about it. Thanks!

Larry Hall (the guy talking with Matt and Rachel in your first party photo)

 
At 6:35 PM, Blogger Ray's blogger said...

I hope you enjoy it over time, as much as I do posting it. Be sure to look at last years July 4th's fireworks wars ! Incredible shots that I got lucky capturing.
That was a great laugh that we had last night, thank you !
A real pleasure meeting you and your wife last night. Looking forward to flying with you sometime!
Gentle breezes,
Ray

 
At 11:31 AM, Blogger Linda Presley said...

Okay Ray,here's a first. I like the picture of us. It's not important how we look.What's important is that (we) including you are there enjoying everyone and having a great time.In my eyes that's what it looks like... Please keep taking pictures. They are creating fabulous memories.All of us thank you for it. Linda Presley

 
At 11:42 AM, Blogger Ray's blogger said...

I am shocked! You are my first, Linda. A woman that likes her pic. Not just that, you captured the exact reason why I do this. It isn't about the shot, its about the memories that we share. And, to be informative also, but not as much as the other !
Thanks my friend!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home