Friday, June 29, 2007

Bald Eagles off the endangered list

(CNN) -- The bald eagle, America's national symbol, is flying high after spending three decades in recovery. On Thursday, the government took the eagle off the Endangered Species Act's "threatened" list.
"The eagle has returned," Secretary of the Interior Dirk Kempthorne told government officials, wildlife conservationists and journalists at a ceremony held on the steps of the Jefferson Memorial in Washington.
"Today is an opportunity to celebrate and draw inspiration," Kempthorne added

This is great news ! Here is the link to read the rest of the story:
http://www.cnn.com/2007/TECH/science/06/28/bald.eagle.delisting/index.html

A few years ago, while flying Whitwell during the team challenge, I had the priviledge to thermal with one of the magnificant creatures. I was wayyyy out classed. I was only able to stay with it for a couple of 360s however, I will never forget it. We weren't that close, however I was able to see it's eyes, and see how it would move it's head, adjust it's wings, etc.....
For that brief moment in time, there was NO difference between us. We were kindred spirits, and like birds of a feather. It's a lot of those type of moments that keeps me reaching for the clouds. The sky is NOT the limit. Guess I'm just a birdwannabe !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home