Thursday, June 14, 2007

How do you keep the grunge out of your camelbacks?
How do you get it out once it is set up in there?
This is a couple of the questions that is being passed around on the TTT forum. Just thought I would share some responses to that, if anyone else has ever wondered what other people do. Please feel free to post a comment if you like.
This is what I do:
First thing I do is, Plop Plop, fizz fizz. 2 alka selsers, while it bubbling I run some of that bubbling crude thru the tube, and let it perculate, then drain. Next, I put a small amount of bleach and fill with water, mix, and run a small amount thru the tube. Then I lay it down in the sink for about an hour to cook. Afterwards, I run all that mix thru the tube. Once that is gone, I fill with water, and slosh it around good, and run thru tube. I do that twice, then fill with water and throw it in the fridge.
The only time I go thru this much trouble, is when I forget about it in the back of the vehicle, or/and at the end of the year at which time I drain and put it up, AFTER I have let it dry out.
Some people even like brushing the tube.
Anyone else have technics that they use?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home