Wednesday, June 13, 2007

"Eric Donaldson goes 85.8 and Greg Heckman in the mighty S2 goes 86.9 off Whitwell to west of I-65 near Pulaski TN.
Wayne Walker,(driver extrodinar'), rolled in to pick up Eric before he was in the bag! They didn't have radios! Greg is only 9.8 miles to the south on the same road. They will be scooped up and on the way home in 30 minutes. Wayne is psychic!
Ollie"
This was the teaser write up from todays flying in the Sequatchie Valley. With all the great conditions that we have been having, I am very surprised there hasn't been some comp pilots come to take advantage of it. I was thinking of one in particular,,, Mark P. from Arkansas. He just loves to come and claim state records, and with the records being under 110 miles for Henson's, Whitwell, and my home site in Alabama-- Keel Mtn. in Gurley (outside of Huntsville), I would think those would be some easy points for someone. JMHO.
I can just imagine this years Team Challenge at the Tennessee Tree Toppers, what a great meet we are going to have. And, if I was a betting man, I would bet there are some new distance records going to be set, if the weather holds like it is now. But gesshhh, we need the rain. My garden dont like city water, hahaha!
Gentle breezes, mixed with 10mph pushing you downwind !

3 Comments:

At 12:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Comp pilots..........like the locals are any good.....LOL!

 
At 12:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

let me rephase that

Comp pilots..........like the locals are no good.....LOL!

 
At 3:11 PM, Blogger Ray's blogger said...

In my opinion, I can name 10 or more pilots that flying in this area, that I would put up against 90% of the comp pilots, when it comes to distance and duration and not speeding down a course.
Thanks for rephrasing the first comment!
What I was trying to do with that post was to entice some of the "Big Boys" to come back to the Sequatchie Valley and fly with us. Most of them have flown all over this area already, just trying to dangle the carrot/points for the taking. However, it wouldn't be as easy as it sounds, haha!
Thanks for the comment!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home