Saturday, June 13, 2009

A bunch of the instructors, and students from Kitty Hawk Hang Gliding, came up to Lookout this week to get some mountain flying in, brush up on their foot launching skills, and some first time mountain launch sign-offs done. Bunch of falcons floating around everywhere. Lot of good guys, and gals. Being a mountain pilot, and somewhat of a flat land flyer,,,I just find it hard to imagine spending hours over the dunes,,,15 feet off the ground. Just cant wrap my mind around it. Don't get me wrong,,,I plan on trying it, and maybe I will have a better appreciation for it. Plus, flying where the Wright brothers started, would be a trip in it's self.
I'm working on some new coupons for Doris, and her Saturday nights feasts, and I think this below pic will be the one I will probably be using.

Yesterday was an awesome day for flying.

Denny Pistoll was driving the retrieval cart for the discovery/students yesterday afternoon.
All lined up, with places to go !

Eric Donaldson showing everyone a textbook landing, and within the landing ring. Yesterday was very hard on me, not being able to join in on the fun. The velocity, direction, and thermals, is exactly the type of rodeo air that I love to fly in ! It won't be long before I can get back in the air, and get my fix ! ! !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home