Sunday, May 24, 2009

There are only 2 words that truly describes Veteran's Day: Thank You ! Semper FI !
Roger and Debbie Tubbs orchestrated the evenings' festivities. And, what a spectacular job that they did with them. I was very impressed with the amount of work that was put into this. I was just one of the many Vets. honored this evening,,and after it all was thru,,I left feeling proud of the little bit of sacrifice that I had made for my Country.

Roger, shown here, reading off of his index cards that he had made for each and every one of us. He gave the Vets name, rank, job, places served and a little bit about their military career.
Roger himself, during his tour of duty,was awarded: the Distinguished Flying Cross, and 2 Air medals. Thank you, Roger for all of the effort that you put into this.
I took pictures of all the branches of service individually, along with the picture that you see above. The above picture shows all of the military people that were in attendance this evening.
It was tough for all of us Marines to be standing next to the Navy personnel,,but for such a worthy cause,,, I figured we could tolerate being that close to Denny Pistoll for a few minutes anyway. Gotcha, Buddy ! Actually, it was an honor, my friend.
The ladies that are shown above, are the one's that fed the masses tonight. This is the only time, that I saw, them take advantage of a slack moment. Doris, and her volunteers, always do a bang up job. Kudos ladies!
Teresa did a great a great job with the ceremonial music during the program, and the Party music afterwards. I had to head home early, due to my fear of over-doing it, this evening. I'm very glad I didn't miss this one !

To all of the Vets, past and present, I extend my sincerest ~ Thank you !

Here's the link to check out all the pictures of this get together: http://photos.visioncomm.net/?Lib=44

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home