Tuesday, June 30, 2009

This is the view of the plateau looking north, from Henson's Gap. You can see launch in the bottom right of this picture. I think I was at 3,200 ft. when I took this. Have to take my buddy's word for it, because for the second flight in a row, my batteries were dead, and I had to fly without a vario. Oh well, doesn't seem to affect my flying much. I was the top of the stack for a while.
I believe this is Johnny, in his sailplane, buzzing Henson's radial ramp. Gotta love being this high over a sailplane !

My buddy Dub, on the nose wires, brought his sister & niece with him yesterday so that his niece could get a tandem with Clark Harlow. Here's a look at them getting there hang check.
Clark always has a great launch.
Their climb-out, after a perfect launch. As you can tell, it was a great cycle !
Clark doesn't fly with a vario either. He had an extra 100 lbs on his glider,or so lol, and he still was able to soar for over an hour. He is that good, however, I will ensure that my darn batteries are full charged next time, with some spares. I have proved to myself that I can do it,,I just like having it, to maximize the lift. Of course, it could be that I just chose to fly on 2 NO brainer kind of days, lol. I like to think it was allll me.

Some folks out there will understand what I'm about to describe, others,,,may only dream about it. I had my first flight this year, last Saturday. I was able to pull off an hour 1/2 before I had to head out and land. It was calm, buoyant ridge life, and the end of the day glass off. Yesterday, was a very challenging day of over 2 hours. Wore me OUT ! But, in a great way. I felt like one of those cars on a track toys we had as kids, that you had to recharge every 4 minutes. I felt worn out, exhausted, and energized at the same time. It is really good to be back in the air after so many problems. Wonder what the weather is going to be tomorrow??? haha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home