Thursday, July 19, 2007

Today was a very special day in the lives of these guys & gals. As you can see, they are not your normal "wuffos", or discovery flights. The guy standing in the blue t-shirts' name is Robbie. He is the director in charge of taking care of, and helping these folks. He has lined out other activities such as water skiing, sky diving, etc......(there should be more directors like him!)
One of the hardest things for a photographer to do, is to choose which pictures gets shown to others. Thus, the case that I faced tonight. I have 19 great shots, however, I'm not going to post all of them on here. I will send any of these folks the pictures however, if they just send me an e-mail and let me know that they want them.



This is John & his Mom. As you can see from his smile, this was taken after his flight.

Eric took John up first today, just to show the other guys how to do it. This was just before his hang-check & flight. It took a little bit of doing to get all of them suited up, and safely hooked into the gliders, and comfortable. However, for Eric, Rex, and Steve, the tandem pilots on deck for the day, it was poetry in motion. Trevor was on the ground crew for this group of folks. Like a well-oiled machine, with a very little anxiety factor for all.

This is Mark & his sister Kathy. He has been confined to the chair for 35 years, after someone hit him with a car,as a kid while he was on a small motorcycle. He had a little trouble with the harness at first, however Rex & Trevor was able to make even him comfortable for the flight. As you can see with the huge smile on his face,,,, this was taken afterwards also, :^}
Cayle looks like he had a terrible time, huh?!!! Ha Ha! Would say alot more about this young man, however, I think his smile says it all.
This young man had way too much personality to be all of 11 years old. After this flight, Trey was asked if he would like for Eric to take him back up again. Should have seen the smile,,,,,Priceless. We may see him again, in a few years.
This was Robyn that was hooked in with Steve, for this flight. She is Trey's mom. Is she holding him in the right spot, or ..... just kidding. I could've sworn that I heard something like---"hunka hunka" off in the distance somewhere.. Sorry, it's a real funny private joke around here,, and Robin said that she agreed with it! ! She wanted him to fly her all kind of places, ha ha! Just kidding around a little bit, Steve!
This is a shot of everyone after their flights, and just before they all loaded up to head home. It was a great pleasure to meet everyone of them, and to be reminded of just how precious life is. AND, how important that it is to keep a PMA ! positive mental attitude. I sincerely hope that these guys come back and spend more time around here. They were a great bunch of folks, even Justin(just kidding)! I would be willing to bet, that they will be talking, reminiscing, and dreaming about their time amongst the clouds.

6 Comments:

At 6:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Ray, thanks for all the help yesterday. I was worried with the weather being bad earlier that we weren't going to be able to fly but wow am I glad we did. What a blast!!! We're all ready for another trip and my mom said she's doing it next time. Thanks again.

John B

Would you please email the pics to showtm490@yahoo.com You can also checkout my photos at myspace.com/showtm490

 
At 11:15 PM, Blogger Ray's blogger said...

I will send them asap. Nice MySpace, by the way. You have a great eye for photography.
Let me know next time you guys come back, and I will try to be there, if I'm not working.

 
At 3:42 PM, Blogger Hottyz said...

Hey Ray (Tell'em who we are),
This is Adam "Cayle" Funck. Thanx for taking all them pix & I want you to email me all of them, please Sir. (I'm the guy in the yellow/orange striped shirt.) You didn't have too much to say about me, although you were kind of "fresh" on my girlfriend. (Robyn in the light blue shirt.) That's ok man, she is GORGEOUS isn't she?
We'll be back in a while, Just next time I want a different harness. The red one was too high & it strangled me! (on the way home I threw up.)
You can look me & Robyn up on facebook.
my email= hottyz@bellsouth.net
Thanx,
ASV

 
At 8:27 PM, Blogger Ray's blogger said...

It was all in fun, I hope that you know that. You have a very nice lady! I always try to keep it light, and positive. I thought the smile on your face said it all, why mess with perfection??!! haha!
Will be glad to send you the pic, my friend. I hope to be around the next time you guys come back. You have my email address on here, so drop me a line.
Gentle breezes!

 
At 12:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi guys

 
At 1:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ray, This is Madd Dogg Marky. Sorry its been so long but im the old fart in the red shirt. It was a blast Soaring with your help and the guys at the air strip. John and I will be doing a prsentation at our local spinal group meeting tomorrow and will be showing pictures of the day the crips took to da skys. John is working on maybe trying to get us a ride down the dragstrip in a 55 chevy gasser. Please send the addtional pictures of our day if you can. hope to see you again soon my friend.
Thanks Ray
Mark Dyer

email..markd@disabilityconnections.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home