Wednesday, July 11, 2007

I am posting this because Ollie has alot of friends all over the world, in the Hang gliding community. If you know Ollie, you know his last name, and where the hospital is, in case you want to make contact with him. I'm not going to post it on here for simple reasons, that I'm sure everyone is smart enough tofigure out, haha! Please keep him on your prayer lists ! I will post more when I have some more news.

Ollie has a pulmonary embolism. He had sudden onset of chest pain and breathing problems this morning. It was very scary for us. Right now he's ok. Has to be heparinized and on anticoagulant therapy for a few months.
Let ya'll know more later.
Jackie

He just got back from ultrasound.He has at least 2 other clots-1 inhis calf, another in his thigh.He's at Erlanger again because that's where his ortho is.He is in the same room my daddy was in when he threw those clots a few months ago from his kidney. He's alert and not too uncomfortable right now.
Jackie (Ollie's wife)

I'm back in the hospital with a big pulmonary embolism from a deep vein thrombosis in my immobilized calf and thigh. I worked a full day yesterday and it went great. I even slept well last night, but was awakened by severe chest pain and shortness of breath. I had thrown a clot into my lung. Boy it was painful! Could barely move my chest wall to breath due to the intense pain. The pain was in the chest area under my left arm. I figured it was a PE. Jackie called 911 and the para medics got some oxygen on me so I didn't have to work so hard to move air. I'm in Erlanger and being anti coagulated. I'm not to get out of bed to reduce the chance of throwing another one till all the things are checked out. Pain meds and oxygen are helping some too. It actually feels like I have several broken ribs and can't move my chest wall with the pain. Unfortunately abdominal breathing makes it hurt too. Once I'm checked out and anti coagulated, I can go home with injections of a new anti coagulate and coumadin. Will have to stay on coumadin for 6 to 9 months. Darn!Oh Well. I'm a lucky guy if you think about it. Don't feel real lucky right now, but will when I can get back to work again. Miss you guys. Will miss the TC board meeting. Still thinking about and working on some things for the Team Challenge.
Miss y'all and hope to see you soon.
Ollie

2 Comments:

At 11:31 PM, Blogger Emily said...

Altough, I don't know Ollie. I will send my Angels that way and pray.

Emily

 
At 8:19 PM, Blogger Ray's blogger said...

Thank you, I am very sure he appreciates it. I know I do. He is a good guy, and proud to call him friend.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home