Friday, July 27, 2007

This is part of the Continental Divide in New Mexico, that we passed through yesterday. It has been a long time since I was in school, and I'm sure I knew what that exactly meant~~at one time. To refresh my memory, I Googled it and found this.
A continental divide is a line of elevated terrain which forms a border between two watersheds such that water falling on one side of the line eventually travels to one ocean or body of water, and water on the other side travels to another, generally on the opposite side of the continent.
Most of the water here in the U.S. flows into the deserts and inland, and never reaches the oceans.

Places like this, you can almost imagine what it must have been like 300+ years ago for the Indians. I think I see a nice place to put a homestead.

This is a gorgeous area.
This area is on the outer borders of the Navajo Reservation. Lot of souvenir shops, and craft shops.
Geronimo lived here???? Think not

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home