Friday, July 20, 2007

An Evening Glass-off for the last pilot of the day.

Paula, a relatively new pilot, had a great evening glass off today. A few of us flew today. However, only 1 lucky pilot soared for a little while. Shawn had the flight of the day. If I would have just waited 5 minutes for the right cycle, I would have given him a run for it,,,, but then again--- it was a falcon day to be sure. I will just have to get him next time. The rest of us took our sledders like a man, or woman. Sometimes, no matter how light, and the chances of soaring is 0%,, you just have to get into the air. If nothing else, to keep current, and wired-in on our gliders.
The Moyes Dragonfly tow plane at the end of the day - wish I was hooked-in and on a string behind it !

5 Comments:

At 9:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is no sunset like the ones from the beach and Lookout Mountain!
Your friends here still love you too!
Glad to see you're enjoying and loving life doing what you love to do most. FLY!!! and taking pictures.....lots of them!!!:-}

 
At 10:21 PM, Blogger Ray's blogger said...

I would love to see the beach again. Maybe the company that I work for will send me close to one soon. Like San Fransico on monday afternoon. Hope to post some pics from there !

 
At 6:53 AM, Blogger David W. Johnson said...

Actually, on July 21st, I was the guy that Dragonfly had just towed up. John Nuchols was supposed to join me, but Trevor's throttle cable broke after towing John 20ft from the start line. I had to admire that gorgeous sunset from 3500ft all alone. I'm from Trussville. My whole family flies at LMFP. We hope to get to the local launch and meet the local crowd next time you guys are flying. Dave.

 
At 6:54 AM, Blogger David W. Johnson said...

Sorry. Meant to say July 20th. That was the Friday. dwj

 
At 6:30 PM, Blogger Ray's blogger said...

Next time your at the cookout on saturday night, ask Doris if I'm there somewhere.
That was a great sunset, and glass off. Glad someone got to enjoy it, ha ha!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home