Friday, November 27, 2009

The pictures below are of Thanksgiving dinner here at Lookout Mtn. Flight park. There was between 40-50 people that showed up to participate in the festivities.
This is going to be a little different post, as I was told that I don't write anymore on my blogspot, since I've gotten so involved with facebook. And, as bad as I hate to admit it,, they were right. So,,unless you needing something to bore you late at night, to help you to get to bed to sleep,,,,, fair warning.
This is going to be about some of the things that I'm grateful for. For example,, the little lady~Bella above. Her and Leanna, James and Dawns daughter are about the same age. I'm thankful for my hearing, and being able to hear them running around screaming and laughing, and reminding us of what we use to do when we were children. There is nothing on this planet, quite like the laughter of a child !

Above is a picture of the bonfire. I'm thankful for the friends that were there that night, that gave off more warmth than this fire could ever radiate! There are some friends that are closer to your heart than some relatives, and will live forever in your spirit. Those friends are in, what I affectionately call, my circle of life. For without true, life long Friends, and Family,,, you would have nothing. And, what a poor soul you would be. Money can not buy what they hold in their hearts. I'm thankful for the healthy, rich heart that I have. And very honored to be able to call them-- Friends.
I'm thankful for everyone of the calories on this table. And darn glad to just be able to feed myself. I have a couple of friends that would love to be able to do that very thing. Unencumbered by failing limbs, that just won't do what they want them to do anymore. I'm thankful for my eye sight, to be able to drink in the presentation that the ladies laid out on these tables.
I am thankful for the added wing loading of 23 pounds, that is a result of 2 major operations this year, accompanied by me quiting smoking in January. That just means that I'm healthy, and it's time to take this health thing to the next level. For example,,cutting out all the Cokes that I drink, more exercising, and just basically doing what the Dr.'s have told me to do. If I would do what I was told sometimes,, life would probably be a lot easier for me. Sometimes it takes a brick, to explain things to me, so that I understand them. Go figure.
I'm so very thankful for my sobriety. For, without it,,, I wouldn't be here. I thank the numerous friends that help me, sometimes on a daily basis, to battle the beast within. Most of the time, they don't even know that they are helping,,, but they are. And, they give it freely, and without hesitation, mental reservation, or restrictions. We are who we are, and what we are. As brutally honest, and gentle as we can be at the time.
I'm also thankful for my higher power, which is God, and Jesus Christ. He's got a birthday coming up,,,hope you remember it ! He and I, we be Mates !

I'm also thankful and proud of all of our service men and women, that fight on a daily basis, in our stead so we don't have to. No matter what you political views, you have to love those people. They are just doing whatever the Commander in Chief tells them to do. They have NO say so in the matter. And, most importantly,, they have Volunteered for this duty,,there's not a draft.

If you don't have any friends, or family to visit this holiday season do not sit in the house. You are desperately needed. There was a couple of years that I volunteered during the holiday season at a Missions, in Huntsville, Al. I would serve the food to the homeless and help out where ever they needed me at the time. I would also go to this Nursing home off the Parkway, and take soaps,shampoos, and other little things, and they would treat me like one of their family. Most didn't have families, or their families didn't care anymore, and wouldn't show up at all. Left and forgotten. Some of the looks on their faces, where like those of Bella and Leanna, with wondering and excitement. They didn't make as much noise, but it was still fun to do.

The most important thing in my life, that I am very thankful for, is that I still have my Dad. He lives in Ohio, which is a good piece away, but never Too far. He is in fairly good health, except his back, which he is having fixed. My Aunt, and cousins are a plus also.

I do hope, with all my heart,, that you are truly blessed this wonderful Holiday Season.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home