Monday, May 11, 2009

The front flower bed, after all the rain. I was very impressed with what had happened in the 2 weeks that I was away, in Memphis. Everything has started going crazy,,,,in this case,,that's a good thing.
This is a tree of shame. Lots of lures, hooks, line, bobbers, etc..... from folks trying to fish around it. Nothing worse than loosing a brand new lurer in a tree somewhere. Especially, one that you can see, but just can't get to.

Time heals all wounds, so they say. Wonder just how many years this tree has been used as a fence post.
This person has his own set up on lake front property. Furnished with a Posted Keep out sign.
One man's trash, is another man treasure,,so they say.
Below, is a picture of an 86 year old man. When asked whether he had caught anything or not,,he merely replied,,, "I don't care if they bite or not, I'm just glad to be able to do this".
Words of wisdom at what he said. I, also, hope that I'm able to go fishing at 86 yrs old.
Got Your Back
I am a small and precious child, my dad's been sent to fight…
The only place I'll see his face, is in my dreams at night.
He will be gone too many days for my young mind to keep track.
I may be sad, but I am proud. My daddy's got your back…
I am a caring mother. My son has gone to war…
My mind is filled with worries that I have never known before.
Everyday I try to keep my thoughts from turning black.
I may be scared, but I am proud…My son has got your back...
I am a strong and loving wife, with a husband soon to go.
There are times I'm terrified in a way most never know.
I bite my lip, and force a smile as I watch my husband pack…
My heart may break, but I am proud...My husbands got your back...
I am a Soldier ...Serving Proudly, standing tall.
I fight for freedom, yours and mine by answering this call.
I do my job while knowing, the thanks it sometimes lacks.
Say a prayer that I'll come home.
It's me who's got your back.
(Author Unknown)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home