Saturday, September 06, 2008

Happy Birthday to Doris, our honorary Social Director of the Lookout Mountain Flight park. She does a lot for the Hang Gliding community here, and for the town of Trenton. Without her around here,,,mmm,, can't imagine that. It wouldn't be as much fun, to be sure. Just imagine this..... every Saturday we have a community get together where we talk about the flying that day, eat a good meal, most of the time there are kegs of beer, and a bonfire. Sounds like a fun place to be, huh! Thanks to Doris, it happens every weekend, come rain or come shine. And, let us not forget the volunteers that help hers either! It's a nice team effort. All of us pilots really appreciate all of them!

The weathermen hit it almost on the button today, with there forecast. Amazing, I know, but they were darn close. Cloud base was about 2,000 over, and I was to get to it 2-3 times. Actually, I got to 2,250 over but, not by choice. The cloud was sucking harder than I anticipated. The clouds started to dissipate at about 11 am, and the heat of the day(temp) was right on the mark.
I was able to spend the day in the fishbowl, play at cloud base, work some real ratty thermals, and pull off a good landing in my new harness. I did have to run it out, but next time maybe I will be able to lift my arms higher when it comes time to flair. I was worn out, but it was a great workout ! Hey Dub,,you missed it, hahha !


We shall see what tomorrow brings. It's suppose to be better than today! Maybe some good XC miles? Hope so. News at.......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home