Thursday, August 28, 2008

You know I like funny pictures. I caught a HUGE praying mantis in the garden this afternoon. The biggest one that I've ever seen. I imagine that she's saying to herself at the moment this was taken,,," if I'm real still, maybe he won't see me !"
I think she was a bit of a ham, tho'. It looks like she's fixing to have a bunch of little ones, anytime(or get rid of some eggs,anyway).
Later that night, I think I caught her after the fact. Or, maybe the male. Huge & pretty things, to be sure. When I tried to hold this one, it flew away.
This gives a little scale to show how big she actually was. I think she was too heavy to fly. That's probably the only way I was able to hold her like this !!
As most everyone around here knows, We work for Google. Doing what? I will give you a hint,,,,we don't drive down Private roads, or gated communities. Anyway, I don't work for them anymore, but Wendy does. While she was driving around mapping the other day, she came across this Warning below.
She is from New Jersey, so when she sent me the picture over the phone,,, can't remember if I had to interprete for her or not, haha. Just kidding !! ! !

2 Comments:

At 9:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your blog. I happened upon it by chance. (A friend of mine forwarded to me a page of funny things children say to their grandparents.) You and your Lady seem to live a great life. Your adventures are fascinating to follow and the pictures are beautiful. Again, thanks for sharing and best regards from Montreal and if I may say, God bless you both.

 
At 11:51 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for the great comments. God bless you too !

 

Post a Comment

<< Home