Thursday, July 31, 2008

As long as I have been shooting pictures, I have never been able to capture an image of a hummingbird. They are illusive, beautiful little bundles of energy, and are very, very fast. When my Mother was alive, she use to have all kinds of beautiful flowers around our pool. She had so many hummingbirds around there, you couldn't count them all.
I devised a plan to accomplish what has been eluding me all these years. Surprisingly enough, my plan worked. Apparently, there is a nest of them close to the house. I was able to observe a mother & Father, and 2 juveniles. However, I was only able to capture 3 of them in a shot.
Love it when a plan comes together ! ! Hope you enjoy them, as much as I did while taking them.




Here's Lucas's new blogspot addie. You might remember him as the birdwannabe that's been posting all the videos on the online contests. His latest one is for Full Throttle. My favorite is the "Fury". Taste just like one of those old Orange Nehi's. Of course, that's kind of dating myself.

He is going to be posting from the competition in Texas.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home