Thursday, April 17, 2008

The Dade county Chamber of Commerce has it's annual banquet tonight. You're never going to believe who the guest speaker was? John Wain. ( I heard the laughing all the way over here).
He was about as good as last years guest speaker. He is originally from Boston. With that being said, you can imagine he had a tough time pulling the accent off. He was a very personable fellow, and very likable. He is a former Marine, so I tip my hat to him for making this a career.
He also did other impressions, and was quite good at those.

The below picture is of the man voted to be "The Teacher of the Year". His name is Bill Emmett.
A lot of past students, and colleagues spoke about him. To me, this is one of the biggest honors. To me,, there is no more important job than a teacher. Apparently, he is a splendid one !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home