Sunday, April 13, 2008

When it's not a fly day, what do most pilots do????? Work, party, or honeydew lists. I was able to have some funn today.
Terry & Linda Presley had a small birthday party for a brother from Louisiana, and other family members today. The wind was honking, and it was blown out, but it was a gorgeous day. Now, before you scroll down, try to figure out what could possibly go in the cans shown above? I got a big kick out of it, and I even knew what we were having to eat !

We were treated to some of the most succulent boiled crawfish that I have ever put my lips on!
175 pounds of it, masterfully cooked, and served steaming hot. There was corn on the cob, sausage, onion, mushrooms, potatoes, and medium to large crawfish. All of this was cooked in some crawfish boil seasoned water, which the recipe is only know by only the best "Coon A**" cooks that I have ever had the pleasure to meet. The crawfish boil seasoning ball probably weighed 10 pound, and included everything from garlic to lemons to oranges. I have tried a couple of times to describe just how wonderful this meal was , however, I have erased it every time that I have tried. Mission: impossible. There was about 30-34 people present today, and about 100+ pounds of the crawfish was eaten. Now I'm not a math major, nor a english one niether, but that divides to be about,,,,, a lot of food was eaten by everyone. Some of us ate more than others.
They cooked 3 different batches about this size. Oh, and there was a smaller pan(about 1/2 this size),that was cooking at the same time. This is what it looked like when it's ready to take out & put in the coolers. The first batch was cooked to season the water and it was mild. The second--bam--they kicked it up a notch and made it A LOT spicier than the first. I made the mistake of eating one of the mushroom & OMG. Now the last batch was,,,to quote John David,,, it was Right! In layman terms-----it was frackn' spicy & NO one ate the mushrooms, not even them, ha ha!
This was just one of the eatin' stations around the place today.
Terry is shown here getting another refill on his tray. When I told you that the 3td batch was hot, let me reiterate on that a little further. Everyone got their own towel( not napkin), for there hands/fingers, had more than one purpose,,,they were also for wiping your fingers, forehead,mouth,nose,scalp,,,etc...... but, man, it was some good groceries, I guaranteeee!
Today was a birthday party for another friend & pilot,,Paul Merchant. Happy birthday !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home