Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Here is some more pictures from New York City.
This is Jersey City(L), and the Manhattan Skyline, coming across on the ferry.

Ellis Island. You really should Google it, and be amazed! While your there, here's a couple of questions for you. How tall do you think the Statue of Liberty is?? What is it made of??? What does it say on the tablets? What does the points on the crown represent? Which way does it face? sorry, got carried away. I just couldn't get over how tall, or how short it is, gessh.

This is the end of the line for the subways on Coney Island.
Coney Island from the beach. Take a good look now, because they are tearing it all down, and putting up condos. They call it progress,,,not what I call it but...they didn't ask me.
This hole in the ground is the very secret to getting around in New York City quickly. If there is such a thing. It cost $10.00 a Day to ride the subways,,,,anywhere. That's it. And NO traffic problems,,,what a deal. You have Never experienced traffic until you have driven in Manhattan! Oh, and forget about driving thru China town,, omg. There was a retired Marine and his buddy sitting down taking a break from walking as I was driving thru and he was just smiling and shaking his head. I rolled down the window and said," darn tourist, Semper Fi". At which point he laughed and said" Semper Fi, it's easier to walk". I asked him where he was an hour ago. Can you tell I wasn't going very fast???? :^}
The Staten Island Ferry. When Joel and I got there, we had to find out where to buy the tickets. We looked all over the darn place. Finally, I saw a guy wearing a HD t-shirt, walked up and asked him. He looked at me and said,"" it's the only free ride you will ever get". I can't imagine how many 1,000's of people ride that thing everyday to and from work, people like me, etc...... and it is free. You can ride it all day if you like. Shocked me, for real.


New York City is a large and exciting town. If you do it right,,, You can have the time of your life. If you do it wrong,,,,well, just don't go where you know you don't need to go, and the wrong time of the night. It has a rhythm to it, if you pay attention to your surroundings. The only people that are honking in New York, are the tourists! So, in the language of the guys in Brooklyn,,,,,,, Get the f*** outta 'ere.... Hope that Joel and I get sent back up there to finish up. We didn't have near enough time to play. Oh,, that's right, we were there to work, oops, ha ha!

2 Comments:

At 11:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pictures of NY are all that's pretty about that nasty place.

 
At 7:55 AM, Blogger Ray's blogger said...

It's not near as bad as I was expecting. Actually, I would enjoy going back there and seeing a whole bunch of other spots.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home