Monday, September 03, 2007

Wendy took this as I was suiting up today. Darn camel back tube hides sometimes, but it is invaluable in the air, so put up with it we must.
Not a bad looking launch, considering the 0-2mph tailwind we were having to deal with later in the day. Despite that fact, I was still able to tweak out about 45 minutes. I thought that I was going to have a sledder, until I hit a bubble for a low save. I needed to launch 2-3 hours earlier, however dead batteries, her not getting off work and home,etc.. prohibited it. It was a challenging day for me. The guys earlier had no problems at all getting up, and most got to cloud base. Greg Heckman, the soaring guru, got about 5 hours today. grrrrr. I'll get in the same air with him sometime soon I hope !



This is my girlfriend/roommate Wendy. Today was a special day for her, and one I don't think she will ever forget. She took her first tandem flight here at Lookout Mtn. with Rex at the helm. The next couple of pics are of her flight. Glider's a little big on her, huh?! :^)


I hope that you can tell from this shot, that Rex had her at ease long before the flight. He has a great way of putting discovery people in the right frame of mind. With laughter, and solid instruction. They do 1,500 discovery flights here a year. I don't know how many of those that he does, however I do know most of them have a great treat. I know she did.

The climb out, with "Kid Dave" flying the Moyes dragonfly. If you get to catch one of his stand up comedy routines, it is well worth it. Aside from being a fantabulous tug pilot, he is also a professional comedian. He has opened for the likes of Ron White and many others. Funny guy!



Over the mountain in this one. I guarantee the view is better where they are ! And cooler also.


Coming in hot over the gazebo for a great landing.



The smile on the faces after the first flight tells it all. Some of the other pilots around us while she was doing her flight, told me it wasn't a smart thing to do. To get her a flight might mean that would have to take up the sport herself, if she fell in love with it. Then I would loose my driver, ha ha! But you know what,,,,, I had to do it anyway. And she understands fully now, why we love to do this so much. Hope that means I get to take off sometimes when it's flyable, ha ha!


Thanks alot to Matt Tabor, and all of the Lookout folks for a great time today.

2 Comments:

At 10:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great, more women pilots.

Emily

 
At 7:42 PM, Blogger Ray's blogger said...

Can never have enough of those! ! ! !

 

Post a Comment

<< Home