Wednesday, May 16, 2007


Shawn was taking his boat to get a hole fixed in the bottom of it. I don't think he was going to get it there like this,,, when I showed him this picture,,, we had a great laugh at it and loaded it on my van, ha ha!!
I haven't been posting much because I have been fervently working on our new house, and working some for Compass. I'm hoping that most of the house will be done this week, and life can get back to some sense of normalcy. And, some Much needed airtime.
On a more somber note, our sport had some bad news on May 13th. We lost a pilot in Oklahoma while scooter towing. While I had a school in Huntsville, Al., a similar situation occurred with a great friend and myself. While towing him up, the release failed and he started over flying the pulley. I saw what was happening, and that he didn't release. He started pulling tow line, and I jumped down to keep the spool from feeding too much out too fast and back lashing. He landed without incident. It could have gotten nasty, or worse, just read below. I'm glad Dub and I were frosty that day !
Here are a couple of links to the story :
Scooter towing is a great teaching method to get students into the air. It greatly accelerates their learning curve. However, like anything else, Murphy's Law still exists and demands training in all areas of the procedure. From beginning, until release, and beyond. It's the "beyond" that will get us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home