Tuesday, February 10, 2009

You may have to enlarge this one to see it. It's the sign as you come into Wallaby Ranch, Florida. I was out of town for a week this deployment, and this was the highlight of the trip. I'm only going to post part of them on here, because of the space. However, I will post all of them on my face book page.
When I arrived, there were 4 pilots in the air still. This was the first one that landed, and I was able to capture it. They were not having fun, thus the reason they came down when they did. I bet the buoyancy/shear ratio was 8 or above. It was rockin' in the Lz, to be sure.

Beside the pool effect, this one will show you part of the LZ on this side. To say their landing zone is huge,,,,,would be an understatement ! If you can't hit this landing zone,,,,you don't need to be in a hang glider !
This is the off season for most of the flight parks in the US, however, there are still folks hanging around, catching flights, and basically enjoying the camaraderie.
Where ever there is flying going on,,,you will find Mike Barber, seen here petting his,,cat.
One of the other places that I was able to stop at, was New Smyrna,Fl. The best beach,sand wise, that I have ever walked on. The sand is so fine,, you are allowed to drive vehicles on them.
Where ever there is oceans & sands, you will find these guys.
I enjoyed this shot because of the handrail going into the beach itself.
This is a shot of the USS Alabama in Mobile. I know it doesn't help much, but you can at least say that you've see it.
Cape Canaveral from across the bay. I didn't have enough time to take the tour, so this is as close as you can get. I thought this was nice since it has the moon at the top.

I wanted to take all the folks that's written to me in support of my quitting smoking. It's been 16 days since my last puff/drag/inhale of the poison. The patch is really working for me, or maybe it's just that I am ohhh sooo ready to quit. Nothing before now has worked. A 30+ year habit is hard to break,,but like anything else,,, everything has it's season. Thanks again guys.

2 Comments:

At 6:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hang in there with kicking the habit. I quit in 1980, cold turkey, after 26 years of smoking.

Lots of reasons, ciggies went from $0.50 to $0.75 a pack, took up scuba diving, tired of it, etc., but especially that in 6 months my lung capacity had increased from 70% for my age group to 95% of my age group!! About 90% of my headaches went away.

It's tough, but keep up with it, and don't substitute an equally bad habit such as gum, candy, excessive coffee, tea, etc. The rewards are worth it.

 
At 7:36 PM, Blogger Ray's blogger said...

Thank you for your positive input ! I'm over 3 weeks now. In another week, then I'm going to start counting the months, not weeks, etc....
Thanks again for the words of wisdom. I am trying to watch what I eat also. Don't want to weigh 300 pounds after quitting this !

 

Post a Comment

<< Home