Friday, January 16, 2009

I was in Murray, Kentucky this week working. So nice to have work, during this very slow time of year. On the way home, I had to stop and capture some shots from this breathtaking place. I don't have to tell anyone how cold it actually is outside. However, I think these shots says a lot.

This body of water is huge, and there's very little chance of it actually freezing completely over. However, what I found interesting about this shot, was the steam coming off of it.


Keeping with the topic of cold weather, and flying, Clark Harlow sent out an email about his recent tandem flight. As you can feel in his words, you may see just why he is beloved, and respected from all of his friends at the Tennessee Tree Toppers, and the Hang Gliding community in general. In my opinion, we have the best sport on the planet, and some of the finest caliber of people, it has been my pleasure to be associated with.
On the radio this morning they were saying it was the coldest temps.in Chattanooga for 6 years. Of coarse I had a flight booked.
Driving to launch the car said it was 16 degrees. Coldest I flown in since 1982. Ahh the power of money, almost as strong as youth.
A day or two short of nineteen and as emotional as I've seen in a while.She was excited and scared at the same time. My passenger for today,smiling and crying.
Hang check and we're off. thirty seconds into it she says something like, I'm not scared anymore, this is wonderful.Then we hit a little hundred fpm thermal, and she was scared again for just a second. That's normal when there's lift, I said.
Three or four passes along the ridge and I saw it. The coolest thing I've seen since taking Ollie's Daughter's boyfriend.The tear in her eye had blown up onto her eyelashes and frozen.Matching the diamond stud in her nose, it was striking.
I know I'm a simple guy, and simple things touch me, but it really was beautiful. Not in a lusty way but in a cute little girl kind of way.It touched my feminine side in a way I can't describe.
Then we sank out.
I love my job.
And even tho I get a good sink rate flying with weightless girls.
I'm still

Get'n lowerL/Dnuare -Clark

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home