Monday, February 16, 2009

This is a different kind of post for me. Most of the time, I try my best to keep it positive, informative, funny, or just wrong. This one is about disappointment. The picture below is another example of the way things are in today's society. Prebul has been a much respected name in the automobile industry here in Chattanooga, and other places. They had 5 dealerships in all, which employed 250 people.
They are No more. They are shutdown. Everyone is out of work. The reason? Dishonesty. Without putting myself at risk of being sued myself,,,suffice it to say that 32 Million dollars isn't where it needed to be. Subsequently, everyone gets to look for new job. It's been in all the papers, so I'm not spreading a rumor. I was there today, and saw the remains first hand. The only good thing, all the mechanics where able to get their tools out of there, before the bank put a lock on all the doors.
My Dad told me an ole' saying once, and I think it's appropriate to share it at this time. The world has gone to Hell in a hand basket. I'm seeing more signs of that, all the time.

On a positive note~~ it's been over 3 weeks since my last cigarette. Who would'a thunk it ?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home