Friday, September 26, 2008

This was the first night of the Women's Flying Festival. "Kid Dave" Miller, professional comedian & aerotow pilot extraordinaire', was the MC for us. He started things out with his Top 10 reasons women love to fly here at Lookout Mountain Flight park. I would put some of them on here, however, I believe that minors may look at my blog, and I don't want to be accused of aiding to the delinquency of minors.
After his opening, it was open mic night. I would have never guess that our community had so much talent in our midst ! What a wonderfully great evening that it turned out to be. Plenty of food, Beer on tap, a stand-up comedian, and live entertainment, plus all the comeradiery,,,,priceless ! ! ! ! !

The crowd's reaction to some of Kid Dave's jokes.

Jen was interviewed by the press this evening. Her, and all the other ladies that's put this together, did a most excellent job. You can see Jens' & Lookout Mountain Flight parks website by clicking the Lookout index tab over on the right of this page. Then click on "blog", imagine that. This Festival was featured in the Chattanooga Times this last Sunday with pictures, and a great write up.
Some days it's good to be a World Champion, one of the best XC pilots in the world, and a great teacher. You know, some days I guess it's just great to be Mike Barber, shown here surrounded by lovely ladies.
I imagine every hang glider pilot out there, new & old, knows this guys name, Dennis Pagen. He wrote all the instructional material that I used as a student, and instructor. He is a great teacher, writer, a great pilot, a nice guy, and............
Can really jam on the guitar, and pleasing voice to listen to while tapping your feet !

Jen, Stacy, Lee, Annie, Rachael, and Christina looked like they were having a lot of fun singing this song. It sounded great, also! !
We even had a different kind of floor show. I dont think there was a dry eye in the house. Sum Ting Wong was the groups name,or was it The Mongoettes? They were dancing to the ever popular song..........It's raining men. Go figure. I don't think I've ever laughed so hard in my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home