Monday, September 22, 2008

This is the lead bikes of the Trail of Tears '08.
There was 2 different routes this year. We decided to take the older route thru Huntsville, for a couple of different reasons. The papers say there was about 75,000 bikes this year. The rides were down abou 20%. Maybe all the confusion, or maybe just because of the split. I have no way of knowing.
In the next couple of shots, trying to give you an idea of the magnitude & volume of riders that participated in this event.



What would a ride like this be like, without a couple of celebraties. I didn't recognize this guy at first. Guess time does march on. Peter Fonda, aka Captain America as he was called in the movie Easy Rider back in 1969. I reconized his co-star, but cant put a name with the face.
Righteous bikes used in the movie.
An Indian maiden, with her friend--a full blooded wolf Pup.
This I think, is a more natural pose for the beautiful animal. I think the rabbits in the pens might have been lunch, if they were in the wild.
I was dissappointed to see on 3-4 of us salute the colors as they went by.
This event wouldn't have been complete without some Native American Indians.
This was my view on the way back home, from a great day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home