Sunday, August 12, 2007

Saturday was a really full day for me. First,,,, I went on my first Dalton Chapter HOG ride to, of all places, Huntsville, Alabama. Since I had lived there for over 15 years, when it came to directions I was able to be of use in that area. I was able to get us to Hooters without any problem for lunch. Great food there!
There was a total of 16 bikes, one with a sidecar, that went on the ride this week. A lot of people have many mis-conceptions of the word HOG, when talking about Harley's. HOG stand for Harley owners Group. It has nothing to do with how much we eat, or the sizes of our,, bikes, :^}

And Second,, after returning from a 300 mile short ride, I had the pleasure to RSVP a wedding reception held by some great friends of mine, Scott & Lia. This first pic is of the happy married couple, with someone else in the background that wanted to be in the pic. Great smile Paul, ha ha!


The happy couple dancing the night away.

This shot is to show you the t-shirts that all of the people invited to the party wore last night. Scott is a fantabulous airbrush artist. That is his vocation actually. He hand made ever customized t-shirt that was worn at the party. Each and every one of them were different in a minuet way, as you can see in these pictures.
They had catered the meal for all 300 guests, 3 kegs of beer, and a superb band. They really rocked the house/deck all night. I don't think there was a song that they played that the dance floor wasn't full. The food was baked Zita, meatballs, salad, and a bunch of other delectable dishes.
This is a picture of James playing his air guitar to some of the great music. There was a couple of times during a song, that I caught myself playing one, ha ha. I also caught myself with my eyes closed, feet tapping, and just getting lost in the jam ! I was say that at least 90% of the people that was there, are in some way associated with hang gliding. A great time was had by everyone that attended. After riding all day in the heat, singing Christmas songs, I started not to go to it. What a mistake that would have been for me, I really had a great time.

6 Comments:

At 9:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dewd,
It looks like folks are gettin drunk........hmmmmmmmm.....watch out for the Barber Shop...... :)

James

 
At 9:54 PM, Blogger Ray's blogger said...

Yeah, it was better than watching tv, haha!
Barber Shop??

 
At 7:37 PM, Blogger Sondra said...

Yes the wedding reception/party was great!

Sondra (Lia's mom)

 
At 8:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Flys,,do you hog riders let Metric riders ride with you ,,lol

 
At 8:44 PM, Blogger Ray's blogger said...

On the ride discussed, we had a couple of other kinds of bikes join us during the ride. They soon tired of our pace, and pulled over to wait a little while, lol.

 
At 9:11 PM, Blogger Ray's blogger said...

Sondra,
I gave Scott & Lia 2 discs with all the pictures that I took from the party. One for easy viewing on a puter, and the other if you wanted to print some of them out.
Hope that you enjoy them as much as I did taking them!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home