Monday, April 09, 2007

These next few pictures are of the Dade County Fire & Mountain Rescue Squad. A bunch of volunteers, and great folks, that rescue hikers and pilots that wind up in places they never intend on being~ever. However, it is nice to know that they continue to have classes & practice to keep in shape and informed of new techniques. Thought this was an appropriate shot for today, with the tug towing someone right over the top of them. They do much more than any of us that aren't involved with it, will ever know.
Click on any of these pics to enlarge them.

Here Sandy and Rick Jr. on-rope during todays excercise.

Katie on-rope. Promised to try and pick out the best one for her, haha!

Here we see Rick (3) assisting Katie in her descent. I really admire what these guys & gals do for our community. Eddie was a big help today with instructions, since a couple of them hadn't done any of this in a while. Chris was the first one down today, to survey the bottom for everyone. Thanks guys ! I hope I Never need your skills !

3 Comments:

At 1:59 AM, Blogger sinoptic said...

0_0
I imagined if I'm a 'simple' passer-by, rushing down this stage with 40kg-weighted 'paper-plane'..

))) Maybe here is the cause, why do my friends think we are crazy?)))

by the way, some of them are rock-climbers...

 
At 9:26 AM, Blogger Ray's blogger said...

Thanks for the comments!

 
At 9:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i still think i will keep my feet on ground,,or over the back of my bike ,,hehehehe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home