Friday, January 19, 2007


The temps were cold today, in the lower 40's. However, at launch (which is 1,200 agl) with a 10-20 mph NNW wind, it was a bit cooler. I picked up my new glider today, and got some instruction on the ins and outs of setting it up. The air was a little too rock n' roll for me to take my first flight on my new wing, so I just helped wire some others off the great ramp here at Lookout Mtn. Flight park. No steppers all, with elevator rides up. Most of the guys went to the point and back. Some of the pilots on deck were: Carl Burick, Scott, Scott(bi-wingual), John Christoph, David Tuesher, Roadie Joel, Don Murdoch, and John Furman. One other pilot from out of town that I didnt know.
I dont normally have a problem with this kind of air, I just want to remain safe in all aspects of my flying. Tomorrow may be a better day,,,, one can hope!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home