Monday, January 08, 2007

I was reminded of my mortality today. I got an email from someone I graduated high school with. As strange as it seems, I graduated some odd 30 years ago. What happened to the time??! I dont feel old enough for that to be a true statement. However, she wrote to me today and told me that our Class of '76 president Robbie, had passed away last week from Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) , and that he had been sick for quite some time. We grow up with this certain group of people, we have seasons in the sun, and get to know them very well. We share our lives, up and downs, good & bad, and grow as individuals thru the beginnings of our lives. After we graduate, some of us stay in touch, and others we only hear about thru the grapevine. Robbie and I were not in the same group of friends, but I always thought that he did a great job as our class president. Guess the point Im trying to make is that the pass is the past, the future is still to be written, and Today is a gift~~which is why I think of it as~~ the present.
I put this song with Terry Jacks on here because it reminds me of the innocence of times that I was going thru when it came out, and for Robbie. Call an ole' school mate and tell them hi - just checking in. I know I will.

1 Comments:

At 9:43 AM, Blogger T.E.A.M. 4 Kids Pediatric Therapy Center In Peoria And Surprise AZ said...

Greetings! Very helpful advice within this article! It's the little changes that will make the most significant changes. Thanks for sharing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home