Sunday, December 03, 2006


I don't think I have ever appreciated the beauty of a hard snowfall until this trip. May have to do with the fact that I am a southern boy, and we dont get this kind of weather where Im from very often. Please dont get me wrong, we do get snow, and ice, and a wet winter. There is a big difference. Down south when we get this kind of storms, we are totally unprepared for it. There are no snowplows, so the traveling is difficult. I was impressed by the people of Kansas City, in there speed of getting the road safe for travel. In one day, they had cleaned, scraped, salted, and sanded most all of the streets. If this would have happened down south, we would still be iced in.
The weather here is still butt cold( 9 degrees last night, high of 33 during the day), however, if you dress appropriately, and watch carefully for the "black ice", you should still be able to do anything that you need to do in your daily life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home