Wednesday, December 06, 2006


I was in the town where Amelia Earhart was born yesterday. Talking about an interesting woman. I am really surprised hollywood hasnt made a movie about this woman. What a great story it would be. Guarantee the plot would be more interesting than--Titantic, or some of the garbage that has come out of there! I would have liked to have met her.
Heres a few fast facts:

Birth Name:
Amelia Mary Earhart
Born:
July 24, 1897
Birthplace:
Atchison, Kansas
Died:
July 2, 1937, en route from Lae, New Guinea to Howland Island
Her attempt to fly around the world, came short only 7,000 miles, out of 29,000. You really should Google this admirable Pilot !
I wish that would have been able to get a couple of pictures of this fabulous womans birthplace. However, I was working and there were no towers in the vicinity of it. And I would never take time away from work for personal reasons. To me, that would be unethical and totally unexceptable. (that was my disclaimer in case my boss reads this, hahaha)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home