Sunday, April 16, 2006


About 10 or 11 years ago, this young man Mike came to me with a problem. He didnt have a place to stay, a job, or any money. He had just had a huge fight with his sister and she had kicked him to the curb. He had already enlisted into the Navy, however bootcamp was still 4 months away. So he worked when I worked, and before I knew it I was putting him on a bus. I dont have any children, however, I felt like I was sending my own son away. Powerless, helpless with a feeling of pride for what he was doing.
What did this world have in store for this young man? Anyway, he got into trouble as most young men do, and chose not to listen to what I tried to tell him. Do they ever listen?? Did I at his age? He severed all ties with me until about 6 months ago. He now teaches martial arts in a dojo in Redding, California. This is his wife of 9 years with him, Heather. I never thought that any woman could keep him in line but, she is doing a good job of it. They are great together.
He was coming thru on his way to his dads, and stopped by for a couple of days. After such a long time, it did my heart good to see him again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home