Monday, January 09, 2006

Question of the day----

IF YOU COULD CHANGE ONE THING IN THE WORLD RIGHT NOW--WHAT WOULD IT BE??

I guess my answer would have to be Complacency, in every form of the word. Oh so many people get complacent at work, with relationships, marriages, friends, how they do things day after day after day, so that they dont even give themselves a chance to live happy lives. They are just existing in their little world that they have made for themselves and what they know best. And they are miserable. Changes causes pain, and no one likes that. However, if things do not change in ones life, they dont grow as a person, and become stagnant. They dont take chances, and they will never experience anything of what life has to offer them. How many times a day do you do the same thing, that you have done for the last several years, and expect different results????? If nothing changes...... nothing changes. Take a different route to work, try to give an encouraging word to the store worker( hey, your doing a great job, you look really nice today,etc...), slow down a bit and enjoy the things around you, Smile for absolutely NO reason at all, and make people wonder what your up to, and above all---Just try your best to be happy. Life is too short to be surrounded by negative, angry or stressed out people. Fill your life with joy, positive individuals, listen to the music that you can feel deep inside. Take chances. Do stuff that is out of character for yourself. Exercise, even if it is just a walk around block. Endorphens are released into your system, and they will help with the Happiness factor, and your self esteem.
I have a lot of friends that just cant understand why they are so very unhappy in their situation. Maybe because they are not willing to do what it takes to change it. Or, they try to hold on to allll the excessive baggage that they are carrying around with them that keeps them bogged down, and stuck where they are. Cut it loose, and let it go, and never pick it up again. I am not an ole' wise one by any sense of the word, HOWEVER, I am very happy with the person that I am, and I like the man in the mirror now. How many people do you think that can HONESTY say that, can you??? How many people do you know, wants to be around someone that is always bringing them down also???
The best way I have found to make myself the happiest-----it isnt money, or fame, or all the toys, or posessions. It is by helping someone else. Trying to make them feel better about themselfs, and get outta the rut that they have dug for themselves. Im reading a great new book, and I guess that I have become a ragpicker. If you want to read it, I highly suggest it, it is called---The Greatest Miracle of all. Jim, who is like a brother to me, gave it to me for Christ mas, and I didnt realize what I had become over the years. Well worth the read! May even change your life. In a nutshell---it teaches you how to help other people. And, to me, that is what we ALL should be doing.
Make something different happen in your life, and just experience what change takes places.
It doesn't have to be something big, just something small to start out with, and try and make someone elses day better, and your own!!!
Gentle breezes & Seize the day !!!! I can only imagine! I love the message of this song I just added.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home