Tuesday, January 31, 2006

I have posted all of the pictures from my New Orleans trip, and put a link to them on the right. There are approx. 400 pictures in all. If you are on dial up, it may take away, however I think it will be worth the look.
Before I went down to this town, I had my reservations about a lot of things. About the people, the accomadations, the food, and the devastation in general. As you will see from the pictures, the devastation is a fact of life down there, even after 6 months. About 70 % of the town is still without power. And there was hardly anyone in that town other than contractors, and some downtown business owners. I did see a Lowes that was open, and it looked like a Wal-mart on the day after thanksgiving. If you can get away from the tourist section of downtown, and venture to the out laying areas, you can find some really good cajun food. Also, there isnt a hotel room to stay in within 70 miles. Gas can be found at only one place, which is close to downtown. There is only one grocery store in the whole town. That gives you some idea of the situation. Along with the pictures, you should get a real good idea of what its like down there now. I still dont know where all of the people are. Spread out all over this country for sure. You can be sure they are constantly working on the levees. Another sad part about it, was all the pets/ animals that were destroyed also. Even worse--there will be more hurricane seasons in the near future. Don't know if I would ever come back to this town or not, if I lived thru this one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home