Monday, May 15, 2006


New Ramp update. They had most of the plywood, then they realized it was wrong. They had to pull all of it off, and redo it. You see the process beginning again. They plan of putting concrete on it. From below. I have never seen this process, just hope it isnt having to be applied so dry that it becomes brittle. I think I would have done it a bit different. However, I am not an enginneer. Just hope it lasts a lifetime with all the work,money, and effort that the pilots have put into this.

2 Comments:

At 2:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

my civil engineer says that stucko is generally not used as a weight bearing material; however, it does cantain portland and sand which with the right amount of water and a sticky material can be sprayed in layers overhead. He added that he hopes they have a civil engineer overseeing the application (spraying) because the layers sprayed must not be to thick or thin or they will built in structural weaknesses(voids). He also said this was not the method he would have used to build this ramp. He would have used a convential form and poured and finished the concrete from above.

 
At 7:20 PM, Blogger Ray's blogger said...

I am very glad that Im not on this job. I cant wait to see the outcome of this technique! !

 

Post a Comment

<< Home