Monday, March 27, 2006


This is a post is going to be hard for me to do. I have been putting it off for over a week now.
I put this song on here this time, Live Like you are Dying, for a very special person. His name is Paul Wilson. I have never had a big brother, however, he is as close as I will ever come to having one. He is a Veteran, teacher of many cops in hand to hand combat,photographer, horse trainer, a father, a husband, and a very dear friend to many, especially me.
He and his wife Carolyn ( which is a great as they come also), have been battling cancer for a long time. Seems like an eternity. At one point, they thought they had it all. However, the doctor told him a week or so ago, he is loosing the battle, and gives him less than a year to live. I dont believe the doctors, or dont want to, but I do believe in the power of prayer. There are No athesist in a fox hole! "And thats all I have to say about that", taken from the movie Forrest Gump, when he couldnt go on talking about something without blubbering.
Another friend of mine, Wilbur(Beenja), told me he was just told he may have prostrate cancer, and is going in for tests in the next day or so. He is a great guy also, and has had a lot of grief in his life with his wife being so sick.
SO, I'm asking that if you are a praying person, to please say one for them, their families, and for their Health. If you arent a praying person, it is okay, we will pray for you too! :^}
Gentle breezes, and thank you for taking the time to visit my blog! Ray

2 Comments:

At 7:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We're praying for your friends.

 
At 11:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know what you are feeling about now, as I am dealing with it myself with my father. Hugs hon -- I will say a prayer for your friends.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home